This recipe is Shrek-green, super tasty, quick and easy to make. It is also ridiculously healthy but doesn’t taste like it should be, which feels like winning.
Ingredients (enough for 2 servings)
¾ of a packet of wholewheat spaghetti (you can work it out)
One big clove of garlic (two clovers if smaller)
2 tbsps of olive oil
2 tbsps of lemon juice
1 tsps of basil
2 tsps of parsley
A generous amount of soy/nut milk
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
4 salad tomatoes
Sundry sunflower and pumpkin seeds
- Cook spaghetti. I like it slightly al dente. At the very least, make sure it sticks to your wall.
- Plop the garlic, olive oil and lemon juice into a food processor/ Nutribullet
- Whizz them up until the liquid is creamy
- Add the avocados, basil, parsley, salt and non-dairy milk and whizz until the mixture is creamy
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and pour in your green carbonara mixture
- Stir and combine so that no pasta is left dry
- Dice the tomatoes into tiny pieces and stir into the pasta. Include the tomato juices from cutting: it tastes very fresh and we don’t want waste!
- Sprinkle seeds
- Serve up
- Top with pepper